Business Card

Monday, February 23, 2015

Creative Crew Blog Hop

Last week I was nominated to participate in the Creative Crew Blog Hop by my upline Jessica Brigden.  At the 11th hour I jumped on board as I think this is a great idea.

The challenge of the Creative Crew Blog Hop is:
1 -  To create a project exclusively for the hop
2 -  Answer a few questions regarding my creative process
3 -  Nominate two other stampers whose work I admire

Here is the card I decided to make.  This is a take off of one I made last year, but I wanted to use paper from the DSP I got at Leadership. This is a Gate Fold Shutter Card and I just love the color combination.


This is the front of the card

STAMP SET:  Petite Pairs
CARD STOCK:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
DESIGNER SERIES PAPER:  Birthday Bash
INK:  Calypso Coral

This is the inside of the card.  
The shutter opens as the card opens
and closes as the card closes.

Now to answer a few questions

1:  What am I currently working on:
I have been busy making cards and projects for my upcoming craft show on February 26th.  So much to still do and so little time.  I just want to make more and more but now I am down to the wire and have to get everything ready for this big day.  I am very excited!

2.  How does my work differ from others in my genre?
My creativity does not always come easy to me, but I like to make cards that are sometimes a real challenge.  I usually make cards that are a step or two up from the average make and take cards.  I am very detailed and sometimes I am my own worst enemy.

3:  Why do I create what I do?
I started stamping as as hobbyist as I enjoy the satisfaction of making my own cards. Then I decided I wanted to share my love for stamping with other people.  When I started classes, I had a student who was shy and lacked self confidence.  She touched my heart week after week with the joy she received from my classes, which made me realize that I can make a difference in someone else life.  In my classes, I like to challenge myself and my stampers, beginners and advanced, with embossing, texture, die cutting and stamping.


4.  How does my creative process work?
This is where I am week so I search a lot on Google, Stampin Connection, Pinterest, blogs and you tube till I find something unique and different.  Then sometimes I will case but usually I change it up to what I like.  Last fall I started a couple of weekly challenges, which made me think outside the box and I was impressed with the cards I came up with.  It also forced me to make two unique cards each week.  

Since I waited till the 11th hour to participate, I did not nominate anyone at this time.

Happy Stampin, Diana Buckingham

I am linking this to my upline Jessica Brigden at

No comments:

Post a Comment